Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Saturday = Yayday!

Last Saturday was a YAYday! for 3 reasons:

1. My Buggy (my daughter) won her soccer game 6-0.

2. I got to have ME time for 4 whole hours while treasure hunting during my antique crawl down Main Street. Martinez has antique shops on every corner!

3. I stumbled across a shop that had tons of loose buttons for sale! I bought so many beautiful buttons. It's as if they were waiting there just for ME.

Oh wait, I have 4 reasons... =)
4. While I was on my treasure hunt, my husband was at a vintage expo and he brought me back some super cool vintage- buttons. Now I am full of button happiness!!

Buttons from the Hubby
I was so excited that I ended up making some beautiful vintage- inspired pieces on Saturday! I can’t wait to get them up on my Etsy site! Here is a little iphone sneak peek of a few pieces I made. I am not sure if these should go on a headband or stay as hair clips....hmm. What is a girl to do?

Rusty Vintage Fleurettes

Is this not soooo cool!?? I would have bought it but I have no room or purpose for it.

Le Gateau Elegant on Main St -my wedding cake came from this bakery!

So as you can see, I ran into some extra treasures- check out the yummy cupcakes above! I had to pay homage and a visit to the bakery that made my wedding cake (thanks again Mom!). 

Peace. Love. and Fanciness!

No comments:

Post a Comment