Monday, May 16, 2011

How Did You Start Up Fancy Hair Candy?

Q&A for those of you who care to wonder:
.Q. Where did the name Skylar Aleksandr come from?
.A. I named my line after my 2 beautiful children, in which I combined their middle names Skylar and Aleksandr. I love the combination. If I was a princess, I would love for my name to be Skylar Aleksandr. I wanted to pay tribute to my 2 angels and also wanted to leave the name open in case I ever wanted to dip into other accessory lines. Fancy Hair Candy is one of the many that I plan to operate.
.Q. How did Skylar Aleksandr/Fancy Hair Candy get started?
.A. My daughter is the reason Fancy Hair Candy is alive. One day while watching Disney Channel, she says to me, “Mommy, can you buy me a headband like that?!” I replied, “Buy it? Mommy can make it!!” And of course her reply back to me was, “You always have to make stuff, why can’t you just buy it?” HILARIOUS. Let me rewind a little bit- I am crafty, artsy and determined. If I see something cute and crafty, you better believe that I will make it and with tons of love, too! So fast forward- I made her a ton of flowery, feathery, shimmery headbands and she was a happy girl!

After a couple of fundraisers and a Holiday Boutique Show, I was off to a Fancy start. 
This isn't the End of the story- it is just the beginning....  stay tuned!
CPF Fundraiser- Silent Auction

CPF Fundraiser- Silent Auction
 
Thank You Debbie for   inviting me to "Boutique" it with you! What an experience that I will forever be grateful for!
  
Thank You Jo Anne Santarromana of Goldengrey of http://goldengrey.bigcartel.com/ for inviting me to this Fundraiser! It was a great experience and the fashion show was awesome!

Fancy's Table- Photo Cred: Jailyn Cannon of Sweet Photo Boutique

No comments:

Post a Comment